Royal Voluntary Service
The Royal Voluntary Service want to help older people lead independent lives and be able to stay in their own homes for longer.
This is a service that could help alleviate some of the jobs you do in your caring role for the person you support so that you have a little more time to yourself. They provide many services and some of these are listed below.
Help at home:
- Collecting prescriptions
- Help with going to the shops or to visit friends
- A lift to the doctors or other appointments
- Lifts to lunch clubs or other social activities
Help in Hospital
- Including someone to talk to, help finding your way around, cafes and trolley services
- For longer stays in hospital volunteers will make sure you have what you need when family and friend’s maybe can't visit and will provide some company.
- When the patient is discharged volunteers will provide ongoing support to make sure the cared for is settled back home.
Help in your Community
- They offer social clubs around Perth ad Kinross where you can socialise and meet new friends, transport can be provided.
- Transport service – door to door service, cheaper than taxis and made all journeys made in volunteers cars.
For more information or advice please telephone 01738 633975 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, the website also has additional information at www.royalvoluntaryservice.org.uk