You may be a Young Carer
Young Carers are aged between 8-15 years old and care for a family member of any age, due to disability, mental illness, chronic/terminal illness or problems relating to substance misuse.
What do Young Carers do?
- Domestic activities i.e. cleaning, ironing
- Household management i.e. shopping, cooking
- Financial and practical management i.e. paying bills
- Personal Care i.e. bathing, giving medication
- Emotional care
- Sibling care
Issues Young Carers can face:
- Low levels of confidence and self-esteem
- Poor educational attainment
- Social isolation and difficulty in making and maintaining friendships
- High levels of guilt, stress and anxiety
- Mental and physical health issues
What can PKAVS Young Carers Service offer?
- Residentials and day trips
- Group nights
- School support
- Family support
- Information, advice and advocacy
- Carers assessments
What to do next?
If you think you are a Young Carer, know someone who is, or if you are a professional you can make a referral here.
PKAVS Young Carers Service
Tel: 01738 567076