Scottish Huntington’s Association – NHS Tayside Service
- Offer expert, informed, honest and practical support within Huntington’s disease community to empower individuals, families and groups to meet the challenges of Huntington’s disease.
- We specifically offer one to one support for carers (i.e. in the home, going for a coffee); an annual carer’s conference; and support meetings held in Perth.
- Contact: Paula McFadyen on 01382 424172 / 07739883942 or email email@example.com
- Offer support and information to people worried about their memory, people living with dementia and people supporting a person with dementia.
- Offering a local point of contact in Perth and Kinross and a 24 hour helpline on 0808 8083000
- Support groups and Dementia cafes are available in Perth and Kinross – see Calendar of events
- Contact Fiona Matthews on 01738 562358 or email fmatthews@Alzscot.org
- Positive Choices supports people living with long-term health conditions. Additionally running self-management courses, well-being workshops and peer support groups throughout Perth and Kinross suitable for carers to attend - See calendar of events for groups and times.
- Please contact 01738 440099 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: 24 Whitefriars Street, Perth, PH1 1PP
North East Sensory Services (NESS)
- NESS provides a statutory social work service for all people with a hearing loss living in Tayside.
- Their social workers provide:
o Advice and information on aspects of disability
o Advice about benefits to maximise access to benefits
o Assessment of your needs including needs for aids and equipment
o Emotional and practical support
- Ness operates a duty social work service at certain times:
o Perth – first Wednesday of the month from 10am to 12pm at St. Paul’s Centre, 14 New Row, Perth, PH1 5QA
o Crieff – first Wednesday of the month from 1.30pm to 3.30pm at Crieff Community Hospital, Day Unit, King Street, Crieff, PH17 3HR
Perth Autism Support
- Offer support to children and young people up to the age of 18 who have a diagnosis of autism, are awaiting an assessment, or have a diagnosis of a sensory processing disorder or social communication difficulty.
- Also offer support to the whole family including parent/carer, sibling and extended family who support an individual diagnosed with autism or are awaiting an assessment for autism.
- Perth Autism Support offer various activities and groups for families/carers and individuals with autism including:
o Social lunches
o Men’s group
o Respite and much more
- VisionPK is a registered charity providing specialist support and services for visually impaired people of all ages living in the Perth and Kinross area.
- They aim to enable the empowerment of all people with visual impairment to take a full and fulfilling role in society and to help them achieve the personal outcomes they aspire to.
- VisionPK are currently in the process of developing a service for carers whether that be people who care for someone with a visual impairment or those with a visual impairment who are caring for someone else. For more information please contact Rachel Shankland on 01738 62669 or email email@example.com.
- For general information or advice please contact 01738 626969 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.visionpk.org.uk